I’ve been given a blog award! Can you believe that? I sure can’t!
The award is described as follows:
The Sunshine Blog award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
The totally lovely, sweet and dedicated Amy from cocktailsinteacups has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. If you’ve somehow stumbled here and don’t know her blog you should really check it out, she’s a huge inspiration for me and defiantly give her a vote!
There seems to be 2 different versions of the rules floating round, I’ve decided to follow the ones Amy used:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you- Thank you again Amy, you are awesome 🙂
- Post the award logo on your blog
- Nominate 5 other blogs you love
- Share seven facts about yourself
So 7 facts, jeeze these are always harder then you think
- My life sometimes feels like a list of medical conditions, off the top of my head: Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Bulimia, Alice in Wonderland syndrome, Body dysmorphia, chronic social anxiety. Most of these have gotten a lot better over the years.
- I am fascinated by the uses of language, specifically word origins and colloquialisms
- I have a love of British history, mainly the Restoration Period concentrating on Charles II and The Second Earl of Rochester
- I am obsessed with Disneyworld, I have been something like 18 times and I never get enough (especially now Hogwarts is on the doorstep!) I spend way too long looking up facts and history of rides etc and can ream of backstage secrets and hidden gems to anyone whose interested, which generally is no one.
- Another of my obsessions is reading and collecting books, my bookshelf i currently bursting at the seams and perfectly colour coded of course. I can’t remember the last time I ran out of books to read, there the first thing i pack and unpack when I’m going anywhere and I spent way too much time rearranging them when i should be doing other things, as well as buying books I can’t afford from America (dam you Barnes and Noble leather-bound editions for being so pretty!)
- I will buy pretty much anything with ears attached, recently it was a purse with dog ears, usually its headbands with kitty ears, I have quite a few
- Another thing I collect (I have quite a lot can you tell?) is Alice in Wonderland related items. Especially the disney version. I have books, ornaments, kitchen items, teacups, key holders, bookmarks, snow-globes, clothes, jewellery and lots more
I am new to the blogesphere so i don’t follow a lot of people as of yet so i’m only going to do 4 but I’ve found a few gems from people I’m lucky enough to know IRL, so I nominate:
- Kaycia of The Fashion Fox – a fashion and lifestyle blog
- Emily of Life isn’t always cloudy lemonade – a personal blog full of clever thoughts and witticisms
- Ferenc and Georgina of But you didn’t hear it from us – a very professional and promising film blog
- Harry of outlandishPIXEL – a creative blog with a main focus on pixel art and gaming
Thank you again Amy for nominating me. Happy blogging everyone 🙂