I‘ve been nominated by the lovely Victoria of What a Little Pickle for the Liebster award, this is my first time being nominated for this award so let’s get stuck in. First off the rules:
– You must link back to the person who awarded you
– You must answer the 11 questions given by the nominee before you
– Provide 11 facts about yourself
– You pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions
– You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
– You must tell your nominees that they have been nominated by you
So onto the 11 facts about me, I always find this hard:
1) I love dogs and I really want one of my own, my family have always had springer spaniels but I want a cocker spaniel and a Dachshund
2) I keep track of how many books I read via Goodreads but my main reading aim for the last 2 years has been to read over 10,000 pages, it stops m ‘cheating’ by reading lots of shorter books
3) I collect Alice in Wonderland things, I have no idea how much stuff I have. I mainly drift towards the Disney version
4) My favourite characters are the bread and butterflies and the caterpillar
5) I’m a nerdfighter, if you don’t know what that is google is your friend
6) When I was a child I suffered from something called ‘Alice in Wonderland Syndrome’, for me this meant that sometimes things I was looking at would appear to get bigger and smaller quickly, I have a really vivid memory of being in a carpet store and seeing the carpet roles get huge, it was terrifying
7) I have severe joint problems, i’ve spent the last year getting tests but the doctors have all drawn a blank.
8) I always hated dance music but somehow grew to love Industrial, it doesn’t really make sense
9) I go through geeky phases of loving different things all the time and getting obsessed with them (this usually involves some form of collecting
10) I’m in a long distance relationship, it’s really hard but it’s 100% worth it
11) I always feel totally under-qualified doing outfit/make up posts as when I get up in a morning I just throw on a clean dress for work and don’t wear any make up, i’m way too lazy!
Now onto the questions I was asked:
What made you start to blog?
I had seen people doing it for years and vaguely considered it, I had a personal blog in the past but didn’t realise I could do more with it. Then my friend Amy set up her blog and I could see how much she was enjoying it and eventually bit the bullet. I remember submitting my first post and being shocked I could write.
Have you been to any gigs/festivals?
Iv’e lost count of how many gigs I’ve been to but it’s way up in the 100’s, I used to go to gigs constantly but I’m out of the loop now. I’ve been to lots of weekend non-camping festivals (in fact I have one in 2 weeks) but the only big camping festival I’ve been to is Download which I’ve been to 6 times.
One place you would love to visit that you haven’t already?
Tokyo and New York, both kind of stereotypical I know but their defiantly on the wish list.
Favourite book? Film? Tv show? Song? Band?
I don’t actually have one for any of these, is that weird? I think my tastes change too much on my mood.
Pick 3 people, dead or alive to sit down to dinner with?
John Wilmot, Stephen Fry and Alan Bennet. That’s probably not a definitive list but its whats popping into my head right now
Bed time routine?
I’m awful at keeping a proper bed routine, I normally just play around on my laptop till I force myself to sleep, at which point I search for ASMR videos on Youtube until I drop off. No bed time beauty routine, I know I’m terrible!
My mums lasagne, pure stoge but so tasty! I’m actually having it tonight!
How did you decide on your blog name?
I was looking to start a Youtube channel last Christmas and I couldn’t think of a name, I was listening to a lot of Blink 182 at the time and one day when listening to the lyrics ‘I’m a little bit shy, bit strange and a little bit manic’ which I used for my Youtube channel and eventually my blog.
None this weekend I don’t think, it’s actually nice to have a weekend with nothing planned sometimes!
Which famous person can you not stand?
I don’t keep up with celebrity culture so I couldn’t say, I mean there’s disgusting humans like Ian Watkins so compared to that who can you really choose?
Most played song on your iTunes?
Come back from Repo! The Genetic Opera apparently
I’m going to cheat as I think these were good questions so everyone I nominate can answer the same ones, plus it would be good to compare. I’m also going to cheat and tag anyone who wants to do this who hasn’t been nominated yet! I know how hard it is for smaller bloggers to be included in this kind of thing so if your looking for an exscuse, here it is! Just let me know if you do it and I’ll add it to a list linking to your post 🙂