I have been in two long distance relationships in my life. After the first one had ended, I swore I would never do it again, and yet here I am! Long distance is hard, and it’s certainly not for everyone, but if you meet the right person and you both work at it, its worth it. I have been long distance with Harry for 2 and a half years, previous to that we were good friends and lived in the same city. Typically we only got together after we both moved away. Now I’m moving to London, and he’s in the Lake district, we couldn’t live much further apart in England! Especially as he cannot drive and I will no longer have a car!
There are, however, some things you can do to make the distance almost seem a little less far. Date night is something that’s good for all couples, whether you are in the same room or not. Here are five things we like to do to have our own long distance dates:
- Read together: This might seem thoroughly sad but this is something we like to do together. We pick a book and then read it to each other a chapter at a time. At the moment, I’m reading The Complete Sherlock Holmes to Harry but it also might be a good idea to read a chapter each. It also helps to have something you can dip in and out of.
- Watch a film/TV Series Together: This one is similar but more chilled. I love watching a TV series together in particular, as you can make it a regular thing. I always put Skype on so we can seem like we are watching it together, and then discuss it during the ads.
- Play Games Together: Maybe not for everyone but we both love gaming so this is so much fun. You can pick a game where you play against each other or co-op. Whatever you fancy, currently we are playing Star Wars Battlefront but you can play online board games if you prefer.
- Cook a meal together: I saw someone do this online and I need to try it soon. You both pick a meal to cook and make it each while on skype, then you can eat it together!
- Dream together: This is one of the saddest to outsiders, but honestly I love it. We just chat about what our dream life will be like, what are house will look like, and how different things will be when were together.
Have you ever been in a long distance relationship?